Prior to your appointment please review the following COVID-19 Health Screening questions. If you or anyone entering the office on the day of your appointment will answer yes to any of the questions, please call our office at least a day before your appointment to determine if we need to reschedule your appointment.
- Do you/they have a fever or have you/they felt hot or feverish in the last 21 days?
- Do you/they have a cough, breathing difficulties, or flu-like symptoms?
- Have you/they experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
- Are you/they in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients?
Again, if you or anyone entering the office on the day of your appointment will answer yes to any of the questions, please call our office at least a day before your appointment to determine if we need to reschedule your appointment.
All of our COVID-19 safety protocols are in compliance with the American Dental Association and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines. On the day of your appointment, we ask for your cooperation with our new protocols:
- Please wait in your car and call our office at 540-441-7627 to check-in.
- We will complete a COVID-19 Health Screening for every person entering the office. The screening will be completed over the phone when you call to check-in.
- We will call you when we are ready for you to come into the office. You must wear a mask into our office. The mask must cover your nose and mouth. If you have your own masks please wear them, if not, we will provide masks.
- We will meet you at the door and take your temperature with a touchless thermometer before you enter the office.
- When you enter the office, we will ask you to use hand sanitizer.
- We will ask you to read and sign a COVID-19 Consent Form for your family.
- We will ask that parents stay in the reception room and not in the clinical area with your child. In circumstances when a parent must accompany their child (special needs, children ages 4 and under, or new patients), the parent will be required to wear a mask and maintain social distance.
Our clinical team members will be wearing the highest level of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available, including gowns, masks, face shields, and gloves. We follow the strictest disinfectant strategies for all surfaces and dental tools, using disinfectants that meet criteria for use against COVID-19.
Please note that there is a fee of $12 per patient, or up to $24 per family, for the additional PPE required for cleaning and exams during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will submit the additional PPE charges to your insurance, but if your insurance does not cover the charge you will be asked to kindly pay. We appreciate your understanding as we provide your family with the safest care possible.
Thank you for your support and patience. If you would like more information about our office’s dedication to your health and safety, please give us a call.